Senior Buyer There is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Buyer to work for a world leading manufacturing company who are working with the biggest...
This company is a leading player in the Water Treatment sector. They have an impressive and diverse portfolio of projects ranging across the globe.
As a result of continued success the company is looking to increase the strength of their Purchasing team by appointing a Buyer to be based out of their Kent office.
The purpose of the role is to deliver an efficient and responsive service to the business in processing of material requisitions. This includes checking of purchasing files, price negotiations and the execution of purchase orders for sourcing activities within and outside the UK.
- Liaise effectively with suppliers and manufacturers, as well as internal departments and customers delivering excellent customer service, answering customer (internal and external) and supplier inquiries within a reasonable timeframe.
- Responsible for communicating with department representatives for supplies and budget guidelines, and confirmation of order quantity, pricing, and availability.
- Will manage and track the sourcing process to ensure parts and products are sourced on time, with quality, and within targets to support milestones and build or supply requirements
- Responsible for the accurate creation of purchase orders and communication of orders to vendors.
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers and with internal departments regarding the purchasing of products and parts
- Seek to continuous improve company's position and identify component savings opportunities
- Responsible for working with collaboratively with other team on invoice problem resolution.
- Administer returns processing/credits as required
- Work together with accounts payable for new vendor set-up.
- Analyse price trends and assess their impact on future activities as well as continuously develop market knowledge. Understand what is happening at market level and use this knowledge to help influence procurement activities within the organisation.
The Ideal candidate
- Previous experience in purchasing, buyer roles
- Good user knowledge of MRP systems
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus-Up to 5%
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension- 3-10% matched by the company
- Death in Service- 3 x salary if part of the pension scheme otherwise 1 x salary
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an individual who would like to be part of a successful team where employees are highly appreciated for their hard work and are certainly rewarded.
Interested? Please do not hesitate to send your CV outlining your purchasing/buying experience for immediate consideration to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.