A Project Manager is required to join a well-regarded Main Contractor based in the North West on a permanent basis.As a business they currently turnover...
A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen for a Contract Manager to work with an exciting organisation within the world of FM in Carmarthen.
The role responsibilities of the Contract Manager
To deliver multiple building services related to minor works within budgets and defined programmes.
- Prepare specifications briefs in consultation with staff
- Tender works in line with our Procurement Policy
- Manage quotation submission to client and gain approvals / purchase orders
- Prepare budget costs and ongoing budgetary control
- Appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors
- Attend regular approval meeting with Client interface
- Will stand in for the Area Engineering Manager and assume their daily responsibilities when they are not on site
- To ensure a weekly housekeeping check is completed of the building and grounds where it is your responsibility ensuring all the areas are in a safe condition and is hazard free
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), if applicable
- Respond to requests made via the Helpdesk
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
- Manage projects from input to design specification, tender, installation to commissioning, practical completion, handover and invoicing
- Co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
- Ensure appropriate record keeping in maintained and available for Client audits
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage all Health and Safety matters (CDM) in accordance with procedures and current relevant legislation
- Operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an advantage
- Proven experience in Contract Management
- Ability to liaise with and supervise contractors
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare or processing industry and working within a GMP environment would be an advantage
- To be able to communicate at all levels, with excellent written and oral skills
- To be self-motivated and to be able to motivate others, to be reliable and to be able to act with responsibility
- IT skills required with specific reference to the Microsoft suite of packages
- Hold sufficient Health and Safety (CDM) experience that allows the effective running of projects.
What they are offering for the successful Contracts Manager:
Working hours between Monday to Friday 08:00am-17:00pm
- 25 day annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Company car
- Family friendly benefits
Interested? Would like to apply?
Please send your CV to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.