Health and Safety Site SupervisorA well-established global company who provide energy efficiency solutions to 175 countries worldwide are looking for a Health and Safety Supervisor...
Health and Safety Site Supervisor
A well-established global company who provide energy efficiency solutions to 175 countries worldwide are looking for a Health and Safety Supervisor to join their successful team at their expanding site in Cwmbran.
Your responsibly would be to develop, implement, and manage Environmental Health & Safety programs on site to be in compliance with local, country and regional requirements.
- Create a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site
- Lead development of strategic Health & Safety plans working together with management team and staff, in implementation and execution of plans and developments a cross functional EHS organizational culture.
- Make sure Health and Safety Compliance Calendars are developed and maintained to company and group standards
- Ensure processes in place for investigation of employee concerns, EHS Incidents, and Employee Observations/Near Misses
- Maintain and communicate EHS metrics as required, to facility, division and/or corporate Environmental Health & Safety management
- Lead the Corporate EHS Audit Program as an auditor
- Act as the facility EHS contact with government Environmental Health & Safety agencies
- Work with 3rd party administrator and facility management to investigate claims; determine compensability; and manage employee return to work program
- Drives and promotes zero incident Environmental Health & Safety culture throughout site
- Carry out Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional Environmental Health & Safety teams
- HND/Degree within engineering or EHS management (desirable)
- Proven track record of operating as an EHS lead or equivalent
- Environmental Health & Safety certification
- Proven experience of employee training with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management
- Advantage if you have knowledge of manufacturing concepts and understanding of electronics
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Able to recognize and evaluate EHS risks in a proactive manner through workplace evaluations, regulatory compliance assessments, and document reviews
- An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of all regulatory requirements, National and International Standards such as ISO 14001\ISO 5002
This position would suit an entry level Environmental Health & Safety Supervisor with the opportunity of progression in a continuously growing well established company.
If you think this is your ideal position please send your CV with relevant qualifications to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.