Electrical Engineer Our client, a leader in water treatment products, systems and services are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join their South...
Our client, a leader in water treatment products, systems and services are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join their South Wales based team on contract basis.
Responsible for reviewing, digesting and technical translation of customer specific requirements from contract documentation, you will provide technical assistance detailing equipment selections and production of design deliverables to support a variety of Water Technologies products and systems.
Furthermore, you will be significantly involved in the enquiry and execution phase of the project as well as providing support during the commissioning stages. This includes engineering coordination with other disciplines internally and also with external sub vendors and clients within the UK and globally.
- To evaluate and review client particular specifications, current Industry Standards, together with National or International Regulations in order to ensure compliant WT designs, and produce technical clarifications and deviations to these specifications relevant to WT product designs.
- Analysing instrument data sheets and construction of electrical equipment specifications for procurement such as but not limited to Transformer Rectifiers, Control Panels, MCC's.
- Technical appraisal of supplier proposals and designs. Preparation of electrical and plant program design; supported by calculations and references.
- Preparation of package control documentation such as but not limited to Control Philosophies, Cause and Effect Charts, Logic Diagrams.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of proposal scope documents, producing technical recommendation reports, reviewing sales proposal client feedback, and engaging with clients and sub-contractors during pre-contract and post contract discussions.
- Reviewing of Process Control Philosophies against Functional Design Specifications to ensure that relevant design information is coordinated to all disciplines and that process control aspects are included where required.
- Assist in resolving design issues during manufacture, installation, commissioning and operation of WT products and systems, and liaise with customers with respect to legacy design issues.
- To comply with, support and develop the Company Quality Assurance System - BS EN:ISO 9001:2008
- Developing and Debugging PLC / HMI programs.
- Coordinate with Client MAC and assist with DCS / SIS testing
- To assist the electrical design team and others in the implementation of company quality Q.A Procedures with regard to Engineering Design Document Control Procedures and assist in the maintenance of the document control system.
- Eliminate hazards and mitigate risks in all WT product and system design work as per the Hazardous Area Equipment Regulations and Low Voltage Directive
- To assist in the development of contract scope or supply technical details during proposals documentation development.
- An engineering qualification at Degree level or equivalent, this should be in an electrical discipline -Essential
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of technical instructions which may be presented in diagrammatic form and deal with technically factual information as well as information which is open to interpretation - Essential
- Good problem-solving ability and possess a creative approach for new ideas - Essential
- Experience in Electro-chlorination packages - Desirable
- Knowledge and experience of ATEX, IEC Ex, HAZOP - Desirable
- Experience of major Petrochem engineering specifications e.g. BP & Shell - Desirable
- A good Level of computer literacy - Essential
- A good understanding of manufacturing and production methods and processes - Essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful business with huge potential for ongoing advancement.
Interested? Please send your CV and covering information for immediate consideration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.