Engineering & Design ManagerA fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dedicated Engineering & Design Manager to work for a global, well-established Water Technology...
Engineering & Design Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dedicated Engineering & Design Manager to work for a global, well-established Water Technology company based in South Wales with an outstanding reputation for innovative product design and cutting edge technology and who partner with some of the biggest companies on the planet.
This position is suitable for a true leader with experience in design, engineering both electrical and mechanical.
Purpose of the role:
Engineering & Design Manager will be responsible for the management and coordination of key mechanical and electrical engineering design activities for major contracts/projects from tendering to completion, to deliver maximum productivity, cost efficiency, structure, providing level of direction while achieving client satisfaction.
This position will require occasional overseas travel.
- Responsible for managing the distribution of work within the department. This work includes design, engineering both electrical & mechanical, drafting, software development and testing, and technical writing.
- Responsible for identifying and execute new procedures and policies to reduce the amount of engineering required.
- Responsible for communication, motivation, performance management, training and disciplinary action for employees within area of responsibility
- Responsible for the department utilisation and efficiency. To maintain project engineering deliverables are completed within forecasted costs. To assist with the preparation of engineering forecasting for new projects.
- Will meet all the reasonable demands placed upon the department, with regard to the given workload at any given time. Will prepare, and justify recruitment requirements, permanent and temporary, to meet this workload.
- Responsible for preparing a monthly report for the Order Execution Director on current & future workload, specifically comment of current & forecast expense exposure, current & forecast recovery, and workload.
- Responsible for preparing data for, and representing engineering at the monthly order execution contract management meeting to review the current technical and financial position of all active contracts.
- To comply, support and promote the use of the Company Quality Assurance system. Responsible for monitoring team activity and accountable for ensuring compliance for the engineering team. Will identify and promote improvements to the said system to Company Quality Manager.
- To reduce, on a continual basis the amount of engineering required in executing the work within the department.
- To closely liaise with the Product Management group and work within the global engineering group in the generation and execution of global policy and procedures.
- Responsible to lead and direct team to apply improvement initiatives/learning across the area to deliver a program of continuous improvement and identify opportunities to enhance or improve existing policies, products, and methods to maintain and increase profitability
- To limit the company to exposure and reliance on subcontract labour where practicable. Where no alternatives exist, then to refine and consolidate the Terms & Conditions they are employed by, in conjunction with HR group.
- Ideally CEng or BEng level qualified in Electrical /Mechanical / Chemical disciplines
- Proven experience working in a manufacturing environment with mechanical/electrical/chemical principles
- Excellent leadership skills - managing, support, coaching, mentoring and motivating Technical Professionals
- Experience of multiple contract / project management
- Be professional, proactive,
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Sound IT skills - experience of spreadsheets and calculation, analytical and report producing skills
- Understanding of processes and range of products
- Experience in fabrication and coded welding techniques i.e. MIG, TIG, Structural Engineering etc.
- Experience of dealing with major Petrochemical clients engineering specifications
- Excellent salary package
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 26 days holidays and the option to buy and sell holidays
- Pension scheme with contribution ranging between 3-10%
- 3x annual salary life assurance.
If you are looking for a challenging but fun and professional position with the biggest player in the Water Technology industry this role is certainly for you. This company will appreciate and reward people who are dedicated, reliable and hard working.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV with relevant qualifications to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.