Facilities ManagerThis company, one of the world's foremost FM multi-nationals, needs to recruit a Facilities Manager for a large manufacturing operation. The site is a...
FACILITIES MANAGER Hard Services
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Hard Services Facilities Manager with great leadership, team management and communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with Building services, Fire & Security and People management experience. You would be responsible covering various locations in London.
Responsible for the full management cycle of circa 15-20 Building Services Engineers/ Technicians within defined geographical area, including: recruitment, induction, performance management and review, attendance management, disciplinary, training identification and delivery when appropriate, coaching and mentoring.
- Responsible for ensuring the control of costs within defined area
- Leads on operational Health and Safety, including the cascade of core Safety information, delivering Toolbox Talks, Team Briefs and Safety Updates.
- Work together with the Scheduling team to ensure effective scheduling of work is taking place that meets efficiency targets, KPIs and SLAs.
- Monitor, review and report on performance against KPIs and SLAs to Operations Manager, identifies areas for improvements and creates, initiates and evaluates these plans
- Develop strong working relationships with customers, ensuring that works completed are reviewed and feedback obtained, and attend customer site meetings where appropriate
- Energy monitoring and reduction within span of control
- Manage project work as required
- Be part of the call out rota to support Operations Manager and Senior Managers when business requires.
- As well as the management of the self-delivery team, the Facilities Manager will be accountable for the delivery of 3rd party supplier services within their designated area.
A natural leader who has the ability coach, develop and mentor their people. The gravitas to develop robust relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers. Have high standards, commercially astute and always `raising the bar` of services.
- Accountability for delivering against operational financial and productivity KPIs
- Demonstrable experience of leading, developing and motivating a team of technical engineering professionals
- Demonstrates the ability to review and deliver a succession plan to mitigate operational risk
- Ideally holds a relevant technical qualification, or technical M&E knowledge, or has demonstrable experience of deploying a team of technical engineering experts
- Good financial knowledge, including experience of effectively managing costs
- Health and safety focused, with demonstrable experience of contributing to improved Safety performance within individual span of control
- Good working knowledge of compliance and quality legislation relating to mechanical and electrical engineering
- Strong customer management expertise, with demonstrable experience of building relationships with key customers
- Experience of delivering works to time and to budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate engineers and to positively influence customers
- Hold a Full UK driving licence
- Competitive salary
- Company car
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
This is a fantastic opportunity for a true leader who is seeking their next career step, this company will certainly reward hard work, reliability and honesty.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.