Customer Services ManagerMaesteg£Competitive Salary and Benefits The OpportunityWe have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Customer Operations Manager to join a manufacturing company who...
Health & Safety Manager
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to work for a specialist world renowned Manufacturing company. The position is based at ever expanding site in Newport, South Wales.
The Role of Health & Safety Manager
This is a multiple site position, having 75% of its time focused on the main site in Newport and oversee 2 more sites
This position will focus on development, implementation, management of site based Health & Safety processes and procedures and refine them to allow activates to perform at its best
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation is integrated and followed within company procedures.
- Carry out internal audits in accordance with ISO 9001 & OHSAS certificate requirements.
- Making sure that the HSE records are up to date and maintained at all times.
- Attend regular management quality & H&S review meetings to report on issues and take whatever action is necessary as a result.
- Keep up to date with the latest Quality and H&S standards and implement procedures as required.
- Advise on amendments to HSE system required as a result of any organisational changes.
- Continuous monitoring of sub-contractor and supplier performance.
- Act as main company representative for all Health and Safety issues
- Set and meets challenging goals & seek long term improvement
- Review HSE risks and escalate where appropriate
- Monitor, audit and report on contract HSE performance
- Manage Near Miss Accidents and investigations
- Manage the arrangements for incident, accident and statutory inspections and implement resultant process improvements
Ideal Health & Safety Manager
- Health and Safety Management Experience within the manufacturing industry
- Recognised H&S qualification (NVQ Level 6 / Diploma or equivalent)
- 3-5 years' experience in a HSE Management role, ideally in an industrial sector
- Internal Auditor (ISO & OHSAS)
- Experience in the implementation of external management system (ISO & OHSAS)
- NEBOSH qualified
- Detailed knowledge of current HSE legislation in the UK.
- Experience of development and implementation of HQSE systems, processes and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, a leader who is able to communicate at every level
If you are interested in the Health & Safety Manager position in Newport and would like to apply please send your CV for immediate consideration to Adrienn Turoczi firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.