This company is an interesting electronic manufacturing business that is growing fast. Quality is a integral part of their business, and they offer a totally...
Health and Safety Officer
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to work for a specialist, world renowned Facilities Management company at their prestigious client's manufacturing site based at the heart of Somerset in Yeovil.
The Role of Health and Safety Officer
- To ensure all Health & Safety legislation is integrated and followed within company procedures
- Carry out internal audits in accordance with ISO 14001, 9001 & OHSAS 18001 certificate requirements
- Making sure that the HSE records are up to date and maintained at all times.
- Undertaking the development, review, delivery and evaluation of HSE training.
- Complete accident and near-miss investigations
- Attend regular client meetings to report on health and safety issues and take whatever action is necessary as a result
- Keep up to date with the latest HSE standards and implement procedures as required.
- Advise on amendments to HSE system required as a result of any organisational changes
- Sets and meets challenging goals & seeks long term improvement
- Review HSE risks assessments, alter and implement where necessary
- Manage the arrangements for incident, accident and statutory inspections and implement resultant process improvements
- SSoW reviews or developing new SSoW
- Assist in the implementation and future use of the HSE Electronic Management System from an 'end user' perspective
Ideal Health and Safety Officer
- Recognised H&S qualification (NVQ Level 3 or above )
- Internal Auditor (ISO 14001, 9001 & OHSAS 18001)
- Chartered member of IOSH (or working towards)
- Detailed knowledge of UK current HSE legislation
- Previous experience of working in an engineering, manufacturing environment
- Excellent and proven operations/client relationship management
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & best practice and appropriate industry specific qualifications (NEBOSH & IEMA, Auditor Training)
- Experience of implementation of processes, procedures & risk assessment methods
- Commercial understanding of FM contracts and operational business processes.
- Experience of development and implementation of HSE systems
Company offers in return
- Working Hours - 40 Hours per week
- Competitive salary
- Long term prospect
- Pension scheme
If you are interested in the Health and Safety Officer position in Yeovil and would like to apply please send your CV for immediate consideration to Adrienn Turoczi firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.