Maechanical Enginneer required for an ongoing long term maintenance contract in a large Cardiff based media company.Main Duties:Planned Preventative mechanical engineer work in a large...
Mechanical CAD Designer
Excellent permanent opportunity for a Mechanical CAD Designer to work with a fantastic Monmouthshire based global company - market leader designing and manufacturing equipment for the water industry.
The Role of Mechanical CAD Designer
- Produce plant layout drawings including water filtration equipment, chemical dosing equipment, gas feed systems etc.
- Deliver 2D or 3D CAD models of complex design layouts
- Produce detailed manufacturing drawings, with dimensions and specifications
- Providing Technical support during the assembly and installation phases
- Managing priorities of tasks for the electrical design aspects of the project
- Work together with other engineering and manufacturing functions within the company
- Support each project to ensure prompt and accurate deliveries
- Using Inventor and AutoCAD CAD software to prepare, create and modify designs from information supplied to agreed timelines.
- Interpret the customer's technical requirements and become familiar with contract specifications to ensure correct interpretation in the detailed engineering documentation, this includes discussing the brief with others as required by complexity and client needs.
- Determines dimensions/specification on complex drawings for effective manufacturing, including compiling materials and specification sheets.
- Able to understand and develop a P&ID and other process documentation to enable an effective design that meets the project requirements
- Select equipment; including but not limited to; valves, instruments and process equipment. Compilation of specification sheets for the selected equipment.
- Utilise or create and maintain standard parts within the CAD environment in accordance with agreed company practice. Working with a global team to standardise and develop internal processes
- Provide technical assistance during the assembly and installation phases.
- Assist in resolving customer problems and to liaise with the customers with respect to design issues. Customers may be internal or external.
- Manage the priorities of workload tasks for the mechanical design aspects of the project.
- Comply with the Company Quality Assurance System - BSEN:ISO 9001:2000.
- Eliminate hazards and mitigate risks in all product and system design work as per the Hazardous Area Equipment Regulations.
The Ideal Mechanical CAD Designer
- Engineering qualification at HND or Degree level - Mechanical discipline
- Sound knowledge of using Inventor
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of technical instructions
- Good problem solving ability along with a creative approach for new ideas
- A Good Level of computer literacy
- Must be confident and capable with numbers
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Good team-working skills and attitude
- A good understanding of manufacturing and production methods#
- Able to commute to Caldicot on daily basis
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 26 days Holiday subject to an increase with years of service
- Pension scheme with Defined Contribution Match from 3% to 10%
- Death in Service x 3 of annual salary.
And so much more...
If you are interested in the Mechanical CAD Designer position in Caldicot please send your CV to Adrienn Turoczi for immediate consideration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.