Mechanical Design EngineerBirminghamContract : Temporary to PermanentThe company is a UK leading organisation specialising in major mechanical and electrical installations within the food process industry....
Mechanical Design Engineer
A specialist market leading manufacturing company, supplying state of the art technology to the Aerospace and Automotive industries are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer on permanent basis in Bridgend.
To support the new product development process from research and development through to product launches; specifically providing efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to complex turnkey solutions.
- Developing and producing project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
- Communication with customers, internal departments, sub-contractors and suppliers in a case of problems arising to find the best suitable solution.
- Assembly of prototypes
- Preparing product documentation for production, service, publications and sales and marketing.
- Ensuring designs conform to international standards and directives.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Liaison with suppliers on design interpretation
- Experienced in design for manufacture, assembly and service.
- Working to pre-defined Company procedures and quality standards.
- Production of a wide variety of engineering drawings for home and international markets taking into account varying standards in different countries.
- Work to tight deadlines and timescales when required.
In return the company offers:
- Competitive salary
- Working hours between Monday to Friday - 37 hours/week
- 25 days holiday/ year plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Life assurance and profit-related pay scheme
If you would like to make a difference and have experience working within a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
To Apply - Please send your CV with relevant qualifications to Adrienn Turoczi -
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.