We are currently working with a large Oil & Gas company who are seeking a wireman to build electrical components for their subassembly downhole drilling...
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work from their South Wales based site on contract basis.
This position will be responsible for providing technical assistance, detailed equipment selections and production of design deliverables to support a variety of products and systems in current contracts. Role includes design co-ordination with other engineering disciplines internally and also with external clients within the UK and abroad.
- You will be responsible for evaluating and reviewing client particular specifications, current Industry Standards, together with National Regulations in order to ensure compliant designs. To assist in the development of technical details during proposals documentation development.
- You will assist in producing P&ID's, pump sizing calculations, equipment data sheets and process equipment specifications, selection and detailing of valve, instrument, and equipment schedules, and technical appraisals of supplier proposals and designs. You will also support calculations and references in the preparation of mechanical and hydraulic designs.
- Using the current company 2D / 3D CAD software, you will produce plant layout drawings including civil construction requirement details, pipework system designs, chemical storage and transfer system arrangements, compressed air treatment systems and pneumatic controls system designs, and to produce detail manufacturing drawings, with dimensions and specifications.
- You will assist in resolving design issues during manufacture, installation, commissioning and operation of products and systems, and liaise with customers with respect to legacy design issues.
- You will also maintain an up to date awareness and knowledge of various Water and Waste Water treatment processes, plant and equipment types and associated suppliers that may be associated to, or influence the design of products or systems.
- You will assist the mechanical design team and others in the compliance with the company Q.A System - BS EN:ISO 9001:2008 with regard to Engineering Design Document Control Procedures and assist in the maintenance of the document control system.
- You will assist in the recording of information used in contract Technical Construction Files, attend meetings with customers and carry out site surveys as required and assist with in-house and off-site equipment inspection as required.
- You will be required to undertake UK and International travel occasionally
- Must have an engineering qualification at Degree or equivalent in a mechanical discipline
- User knowledge of Inventor
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of technical instructions
- Good problem-solving ability along with a creative approach for new ideas
- A Good Level of computer literacy
- Must be confident and capable with numbers
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Good team-working skills and attitude
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- A good understanding of manufacturing and production methods
Interested? Please send your recent CV with covering information to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.