Mechanical Maintenance EngineerMultinational packaging company, suppliers to most of the leading names in the retail and beauty sector, are looking to recruit Mechanical Maintenance Engineers...
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Multinational packaging company, suppliers to most of the leading names in the retail and beauty sector, are looking to recruit Mechanical Maintenance Engineers to be based out of their Port Talbot facility. Excellent opportunity to work with modern plant in a fast paced and vibrant outfit - the company are renowned for the quality of their training schemes, the order book is full, brilliant time to join this expanding business.
- Respond immediately to unplanned failure of systems or machinery.
- PPM and breakdown assistance, minimizing machine downtime.
- Repair and maintain production equipment and machinery.
- Trouble Shooting and keeping downtime to a minimum.
Essential Qualifications and experience
- ONC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. (essential)
- 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) at A-C grade which will include English, Mathematics and Science. (essential)
- Time served mechanical apprenticeship. (essential)
- Counterbalance forklift licence. (advantageous - not essential)
- Abrasive Wheels. (advantageous - not essential)
- Previous experience within FMCG. (desirable)
- Previous experience in a BRC Certified workplace. (desirable)
- Previous experience reacting to mechanical breakdowns and supporting electrical breakdowns
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach towards new ideas.
- Excellent technical knowledge.
- Good practical skills for using tools.
- Understand technical manuals and engineering diagrams.
- Be able to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Can work on your own or as part of a team.
- Be aware of health and safety issues.
- Machinery and Welding.
- Pro-active approach.
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems-analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- The ability to gather information from all relevant sources.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors, managers and other co-workers.
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work.
This is a full time permanent position.
Working hours: 12 hours shifts on 3-2-2 continental shift pattern with 20%/30%/40% applicable shift allowances.
- 32 days paid holidays (10 days holidays set)
- Company pension contributions
- Sick pay
- On-site parking
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
If you would like to make a difference and have experience working within a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
To apply - Please send your CV with relevant qualifications to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.