Electrical Engineer My client is a world leading manufacturer supplying into the automotive, oil and gas and aerospace industries. They've recently invested massively into improving...
Quality Inspector (NDT)
My client is a world leading manufacturer supplying into the automotive, oil and gas and aerospace industries. They've recently invested massively into improving systems, processes and quality. Due to continued increase in demand and sustained growth of the business, they're looking to bring in an (NDT) Quality Inspector to join their team in Port Talbot.
- Performs in process quality checks ensuring products comply with relevant specification
- Perform non-destructive inspections on all components as required by company specifications
- Records, organises and evaluates test results and generates NDT inspection reports as and when required.
- Highlight any non-conformances and actively contributes to the overall quality of the product and processes.
- Maintains test equipment and endures calibration is compliant for tests to be performed.
- Understanding the materials to be tested, how they are manufactured and the impact on the end product.
- Co-operating with all departments to enhance the overall product/process quality is of the very highest standard.
Required skills and qualifications
- Must have a relevant Engineering qualification, minimum HNC or equivalent, with extensive experience of all forms of NDT and testing processes
- PCN Level 2 certified for DPI and MPI or ASNT Level 2 in aforementioned disciplines. A candidate holding certification for UT forged and wrought product would be at a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of pipe fittings and flanges utilising engineering measuring equipment.
- Experience within XRF techniques.
- Understanding the properties of materials, manufacturing processes and methods.
- An understanding of problem solving/continuous improvement techniques.
- Computer Literate with good communication skills
- Attention to detail, particularly with respect to specifications and product quality.
- Task driven individual and able to drive tasks to an accurate completion.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player, able to make effective decisions and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to actively and continuously improve activities by seeking new approaches and methods to the role.
Working Hours: 39 per week
Day Working Pattern
Morning = 06:00 - 14:00 plus shift premium 10%
Afternoons = 14:00 -22:00 plus shift premium 10%
Nights = 22:00 - 06:00 plus shift premium 30%
Overtime Shift Working Patterns
Mornings: Monday to Friday 1.5 times basic hourly rate plus shift premium 10%
Afternoons: Monday to Friday 1.5 times basic hourly rate plus shift premium 10%
Nights: Sunday to Friday 1.5 times basic hourly rate plus shift premium 30%
Overtime will be paid at 1.5 times the basic hourly rate except between midnight Saturday to midnight Sunday which will be paid at 2.00 times basic hourly rate.
Weekend overtime working outside these shift patterns will be paid at 1.5 times basic shift hourly rate except between midnight Saturday to midnight Sunday which will be at 2.00 times basic shift hourly rate.
Discretionary Annual Company Bonus: 2.5% of annual earnings
If you would like to make a difference and have experience working within a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
To apply - please send your CV with relevant qualifications to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.