We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our client's team in Manchester. Our client is a world leading well established Facilities Management Company. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual, our client can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The purpose of this role is to be the lead company operational representative for the client's head quarter based at Manchester, with accountability for the delivery and profitability of the diverse range of IFM services, required to operate as agreed by the specification as dictated in the company contract and functional service descriptions.
- The Operations Manager discharges their accountabilities through a number of management processes and teams - including chairing the multi-disciplinary company team, which not only takes an overview of operational matters but also identifies and leads effective business support strategies (including demand driven business development opportunities) to improve the performance of company.
- The operations manager is accountable for ensuring the assets (sites, buildings and equipment) managed by company are safe, legally compliant and fit for business and to ensure the effective delivery of all services.
- They will own the sit company risk register and will work with delivery teams & company leadership teams to develop and maintain local EHS and OFWAT sim processes to ensure the site needs are met.
- The role holder takes a leading role in assessing new demand from client and translating it into the optimum service delivery solution.
- Making our customers lives' easier is a critical element of this role
- Be an ambassador of the company
- Proactively manage & monitor performance of all the diverse services delivered by company for client and ensure actions are in place to improve performance as appropriate to meet the agreed contract
- Keep up to date with changes and developments on the site, with their customers and in the external FM environment and work with senior customers to find optimum solutions for their service needs evolving the service provision as necessary.
- Provide direction and motivation for the company function, managing performance, and developing the skills and capabilities of colleagues through effective leadership of the company site team and role modelling 'leadership' across company. Driving performance through the company C/K/I PI's scorecard target setting and other processes.
- Be approachable, visible site based figurehead for company and primary escalation point for addressing contract operational issues and opportunities.
- To ensure the assets (sites, buildings and equipment) managed by company are safe, legally compliant and fit for business through effective delivery of all company services on a given site
- Excellent customer focus skills
- Sound management and interpersonal skills to effectively provide leadership to the organisation and subordinates staff.
- Capability to be pro-active in the resolution of operational and technical problems and disputes as they may arise from time to time (with clients and staff).
- Good quality communication skill (both oral & written) and strong capability to effectively manage client and subordinate relationships.
- Sound I.T. and related skills and competency in computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS) and added advantages.
- Knowledge of tools & techniques: should understand things like decision mapping, lean learning, lean six sigma, failure mode effects & criticality analysis, process mapping and product / service life cycle analysis.
Other factors: - Requirement for occasional UK wide travel
- 25 days holiday
- Company sick pay
- Private healthcare after 6 months
- Car supplied
If you would like to make a difference and have experience working within a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
Interested? Please send your CV with relevant qualifications to Adrienn Turoczi -
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.