Having secured a number of new projects, I am looking for 2 Project Managers to manage up to three refurbishment projects at any one time...
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dedicated Project Manager to work for a global, well-established Water Treatment Technology company near Derby with an outstanding reputation for innovative product design and cutting edge technology and who partner with some of the biggest companies on the planet.
To lead and project manage all elements of larger and complex contract execution from planning to closure, which encompasses project engineering, project customer liaison, project purchasing, expediting, site supervision and commissioning. The successful Project Manager will have significant experience in the water industry.
The Project Manager will be responsible for -
- Managing the project stakeholders, project team, communication, adherence to the project schedule, and resolution of project conflicts.
- For closing contract and/or transferring of contract to aftermarket/service as appropriate.
- Accountable for the generation and execution of the project plans, ensuring that everyone on the team understands and executes his or her role, feels empowered and supported in the role, knows the roles of the other team members.
- Developing, maintaining and effectively controlling the project and client/ supplier relationship keeping accurate records from meetings, correspondence and reports to support a healthy commercial standing for the assigned project throughout the project lifecycle.
- Deployment of your skill base and knowledge of the contract requirements to develop and agree a project approach with the client and internal stakeholders.
- Definition of the specification requirements to internal colleagues for the evaluation and selection of suppliers, components and subcontract packages.
- Responsible for measuring project performance and progress, coordinating, communicating and monitoring the structured schedule of work and activity against defined milestones and deliverable items for the project.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining comprehensive project documentation in line with the contract and company requirements.
- Understand the Health & Safety requirements of the contract, and promote the necessity for a safe working environment throughout all aspects of the contract execution.
- Responsible for the financial control of allotted contracts. Will prepare on a monthly basis a financial status and forecast for each allotted contract and manage cash flow & invoicing, defining any non-conformance costs and contract variations.
- Will promote, and comply with the Company Quality Assurance system, to meet current and future requirements. Will identify and suggest improvements to the said system.
The ideal Project Manager will be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience
We are looking for a dynamic Project Manager who likes the variation of contracts, someone who can motivate and be driven to deliver each and every project.
Experience in water industry is essential
- A working knowledge of Construction & Design Management (CDM), Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Health & Safety Plans, and the role of the company as a Principal Contractor.
- Sound Commercial awareness.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy: Excel; Word; Power point; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Outlook
- A detailed understanding of Forms of Contracts (e.g. I Chem E, NEC, MFI).
- Experience of executing contracts in the water industry.
- A fundamental engineering knowledge with the ability to read engineering drawings, understand schematics and an understanding of the basic flow of work through a project department.
- Experience in project execution methodologies, including but not limited to - Stakeholder Management, Risk Management, Definition, Scope Management, Claim Management, Project Quality Management, Scheduling, Resource Management, Project Management Plan, Change Control, Cost Management, Earned Value Management, Handover Closeout, Professionalism and Ethics, Project Sponsorship Project Finance and Legal awareness.
- Ability to chair meetings effectively
- Technical Understanding and Experience of working with ISO 9001 accredited quality procedures/ management system
- Competitive salary
- Company Car
- Company bonus
- 26 days holidays & Statutory bank holidays
- Career development
This position, ideal for someone who is looking for enhance their career within project management. An excellent opportunity to grow within a global organisation and be rewarded for your work. The company offers fantastic prospects for long term career.
If you feel that you meet the above requirements and would like to work for a successful business, which is expanding year on year, please do not hesitate to send your CV for consideration to Adrienn Turoczi.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.