Electronics Production EngineerA unique and outstanding opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer with Electronics experience with a well-established Manufacturing company based in Cwmbran.The RoleThe Electronic...
Electronics Production Engineer
A unique and outstanding opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer with Electronics experience with a well-established Manufacturing company based in Cwmbran.
The Electronic Production Engineer will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for converting Printed Circuit Boards design packages into complete manufacturing packages for the plant's SMT assembly line.
Main responsibilities of the Electronics Production Engineer are the following:
In this role you will responsible for improving production processes, developing test and assembly methods, Quality analysis and cost management.
- Component consolidation & rationalisation with the design team
- Component packaging selection with the purchasing team
- Programming machinery
- Analysis of performance and liaise with Quality department to investigate trends and recommend process improvements
- Creation & control of production machine programs, processes and manufacturing documentation
- Produce detailed assembly costs for new product opportunities
- You will also get hands on and work with the SMT operator to run the first off builds of any PCBA, validating the build and problem solving of assembly processes using root cause analysis.
Ideal Electronics Production Engineer will have the following:
- Experience in a contract electronic manufacturer or end user electronic manufacturing facility with a broad understanding of electronic components, packages and PCB assembly methods
- Experience of PCB's and surface mount technology
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts and understanding of electronics
- Experience of using a CAD or drawing package is preferred
- Recognised Manufacturing qualification would be an advantage
- Experience of computerised manufacturing systems (ERP, MPS)
If you would like to make a difference and have experience working within a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.