The Antennas division or our Marlow, Buckinghamshire based client are looking for a Production Planner / Scheduler to schedule work packages with different teams. This...
World-Class Automotive Components Manufacturing Company is seeking to recruit an experienced Production Engineer to their Llanelli based plant.
The Role of Production Engineer
- Work as part of the Engineering team to meet all the objectives set, to achieve the Company and departmental business plan.
- Maintain performance and improve equipment through proactive and practical hands on involvement in data analysis, problem solving and lessons learnt activities.
- Support the New Product Launch Process (NPL) to ensure that departmental targets and milestones are achieved. Where required carry out trials to validate any changes and provide technical report on findings.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvements in areas of quality, productivity, cost and effectiveness, by the use of 3C's and PDCA's.
- Maintain costs within departmental budget and analyse spend profile to identify and implement cost savings.
- Hands on support to maintenance and line technicians to resolve breakdowns and maintain equipment effectiveness
- Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Planning, reporting and executing project plans and schedules
- Support cross-functional engineering activities including B Best, MTCR, new projects etc.
- Hands on Process control through use of SPC, Capability studies etc.
- Problem solving through using the 8D approach. Use the 8D process within the department to quantify lessons learnt.
- Supporting plant start-up and shutdown schedules/activities to ensure minimum loss of production time and profits.
- Coordinating technicians, craftsmen and sub-contractors and ensuring effective communication in order to avoid errors.
The Ideal Production Engineer
- Educated to minimum of HNC but preferably degree Level standard or equivalent.
- Proven hands on experience working with Manufacturing Assembly and Test processes
- Significant experience/background in a Process/Manufacturing role.
- Proficient in the use of Continuous Improvement Techniques and 8D analysis.
- Understanding TS16949, ISO and QS9000 is preferred.
- Ideally experience working in the Automotive Manufacturing Industry
- Competitive salary - £35K/annum
- Pension contribution up to 7%
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life Assurance
If you are an experienced Production Engineer, and looking to work for a well-established company where your efforts will be appreciated and recognised - Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Adrienn Turoczi for immediate consideration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.