Project Manager We are a Leisure Design and Build Specialist fit out and refurbishment contractor operating in the local authority, trust, education and private sector....
Small Works Projects Manager
A fantastic opportunity arisen for an experienced Small Works Project Manager with the world's biggest FM Company on a nuclear site based in Bridgwater.
The Project Manager will liaise with the FM team and support the core team with the aim of procuring Projects in the most cost effective manner, demonstrating 'value for money'. They will identify and procure the services of specialist designers and contractors as required to successfully deliver their allocated projects. It will be the Project Manager's responsibility to manage compliance with and client agreed methodology, governance and gateway approvals. They will also take ownership of Health and Safety on the Projects to make sure that is managed efficiently through the application of CDM Regs. and contractor's health and safety team.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the contract and governance arrangements.
- Quality assurance, Health and Safety and overall integrity of projects.
- Managing the project budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs, through liaison with the Cost Management Team.
- Facilitating the appointment of Contractors to the projects.
- Managing the delivery of each project to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
- Managing third party contributions to the project.
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders.
- Managing risks to the projects successful outcome.
- Reporting progress of projects at regular intervals.
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc. in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
The Ideal candidate
- Experience of working within the construction industry (essential).
- Management experience of delivering multiple projects simultaneously (project values ranging from £10K to £50K ).
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to create a sense of community amongst the often disparate members of the project teams.
- A degree qualified professional ( desirable )
- Membership of, or working towards membership of a construction related institute e.g. RICS/CIOB/RIBA/CIBSE/MIET or APM Membership ( desirable )
- Health & Safety qualified (CITB/IOSH/NEBOSH)
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of project delivery with a demonstrable experience in the facilitation and production of detailed programmes, work schedules and delivery of multiple projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of the NEC 3 suite of contracts
- Have the ability to plan projects using at least 1 industry standard programming package.
- Possess an appropriate CSCS Card (desirable).
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- Flexible in approach to solving issues and delivering programmes.
- Well organised with good time management skills.
- Full UK Driving licence (essential)
Please note, successful candidate will need to possess high level of Security Clearance.
To apply- Please send your CV to Adrienn Turoczi with
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.