We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join one of our established Build Partners Kier who are recruiting for a Fibre Supervisor to join our Utilities team in Worcester. You will be responsible for the safe delivery of all allocated tasks to support the full-fibre city build programme on behalf of CityFibre
Within your new role as a Fibre Supervisor you will be tasked with the supervision and development of a team of excavation, reinstatement & support gangs installing the new Gigabit fibre networks across the Worcest area.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Carry out daily risk assessments relating to site set-up and ensure respective gang(s) have also completed daily risk assessment.
- Ensure compliance to agreed safety & quality standards including internal policy, methods statements and external guidelines & legislation.
- Ensure build remains on target as per completion date, reporting any delays/concerns to the Construction Manager.
- Ensure compliance to agreed A55/Street Works processes as specified locally.
- Ensure site set up and end of day site closure adheres to the chapter 8 guidelines, adhering to all safety standards and record with photographs.
You will need:
- Experience with Supervising with Fibre Cabling/Fibre Optics.
- Knowledge in the fields of fibre blowing, splicing, aerial cabling, PIA ducting.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- NRSWA Street works Ticket.
- PIA Accreditation.
- A full Driving Licence.
- Used to running crews.
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company, you will receive 26 day's annual leave + bank holidays, a competitive salary, a matched pension scheme from 4% - 7.5% depending on your contribution, also Kier provides an employee Share Scheme option (Share save and Share Incentive Plan).
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain, please apply now!!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted