Only sole British Nationals to apply please
Role A member of the Systems Engineering function, this role ensures programme work is delivered on time, budget and to the required scope through robust plans. The Defence Systems Engineering Team provides support across the three programme areas (Surface Ships, Submarines and Naval Services), helping drive the other functions through the Project Life-cycle from Customer needs to Validation (and closeout).
- Conduct/lead all systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR) in accordance with the programme schedule.
- Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
- Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
- Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, IA, Safety etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Have awareness of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS Required:
- Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electrical engineering or similar)
- 3-5 years' experience in a systems engineering role
- Experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
- Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
- Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Can Write and speak clearly and can adapt their language as appropriate to the situation
- Able to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional way, both in person, over the phone and by email
- Is a team player, and can create, develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar)
- Knowledge of marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment
- Knowledge of marine navigation specific standards (e.g. IEC 60945, 61162, 61174)
- Familiar with military environmental standards (e.g. DEF STAN 00-35, 59-411)
- Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems (SIL 2 / 3)
- Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
- INCOSE Associate/Chartered Systems Engineering Professional
- Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities
- Clearance requirements: Post-holder must hold and maintain UK Government clearances where required
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search