Verification and Validation Systems EngineerNew Malden - Major defence company*Must be British national to apply to meet SC clearance requirement*Job Description Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation's Security. Together. Salary: £33,000 - £47,000 Role Clearance Type: You must be able to gain and maintain UK Government clearance
About Your Opportunity Our involvement with all engineering disciplines places us in a unique position to support the continued sustainment and development of our sovereign defence capability. We are employed on large and complex programmes delivering world changing capability and functionality. Each phase providing evidence against the enabling requirements ensuring they have been flowed down, implemented in the design, integrated, verified and validated. Working within project teams, the V&V function ensures the essential activities are conducted throughout engineering life-cycle.
Different thinking for a Different world Your Benefits:
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package - choose which benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme - exceptional performance is recognised through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development - opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Conduct V&V at the requirements stage
- Own, create and deliver V&V for the project in the form of a V&V Plan
- Support V&V during the implementation & integration phases
- Manage, conduct and reporting on V&V owned activities
- Support project requirement compliance and acceptance activities
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering/Software/Hardware engineering (SE processes and methodologies (iaw ISO 15288/INCOSE))
- Experienced in System Engineering V&V life-cycle planning, delivering and reporting
- Proven experience of an evidence based approach for Systems Integration, V&V and Acceptance
- Systems thinking, logical approach, RCA/rectification/regression management
- Good communication, stakeholder management, & technical report writing
How you will make a difference Implementing V&V will bring you into contact with numerous stakeholders and we champion the ability to assure our customers through delivery of an evidence based approach. We are a growing team of V&V engineers and our matrix structure promotes collaboration, learning from each other and opportunities within the company. Within the team each V&V engineer will become more skilled and practiced in the application of different methodologies, tools and practices to quantify an understanding of a capability of the associated system; then applying concepts to provide progressive assurance and aid the success of technical delivery. Diversity is at the heart of our success. Our team share experience, knowledge and new thinking gained from a wide range of backgrounds perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements across several industries. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities: Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We'll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business. We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do. Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required. Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation's security and future. At the company, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Defence Business: Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign software and systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the Royal Navy. We pioneer - with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world's most challenging problems
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted