Planner - Life Sciences
Our client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
We have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning. This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance and quality.
The role of the Planner is to develop, operate and monitor the relevant contract programmes for the work-scope so that the contract can be controlled and executed within budget and duration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to produce a feasible programme of activities from a given scope of work
- To produce all necessary programmes at the appropriate times to reflect the overall contract requirements
- To monitor and update all contract programmes by relevant discussion with all relevant parties
- To predict and communicate critical path deviations to enable management to take corrective action
- To optimise the use of approved computer software packages
- To incorporate emergent works effectively into existing programmes
- To report progress against programme on a regular basis and record any delays with associated reasoning
- Monitor programme continually against performance and incorporate programme variations
- Programme report to client/management
- Anticipate problem areas regarding critical paths and advise remedial action
- Allocate the estimate costs to the activities on the programme and assist in the baselining of the programme
- Development and communication of resource requirements necessary to meet the demands of the project timescales
- Analyse Earned Value Performance on the project
- Aware of the technical implications and interfaces to be able to programme work effectively
- Aware of the impact of planning on safety, quality and cost considerations
- Understand the terms of the contract and the influence this has on the planned schedule
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sufficient and appropriate assistant/trainee Planning Engineer experience
- Sufficient and appropriate experience in multiple industry sectors - including Life Sciences
- Relevant HNC/Degree qualification
- QCF Diploma Level 3/5 Planning
- APMP Practitioner
- MSP/P6 Planner
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with all relevant parties to report accurate contract status
- Proactive, able to show initiative
- Fluency in IT applications to provide prompt accurate and regular information
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted