We are looking for a knowledgeable HR Advisor to work with our trusted partner in Birmingham.You will be responsible for providing colleagues and People Managers with expert support and guidance on ER cases and absence management, as well as drafting complex letters.You will also support and work closely with the HR Services Team on small project activity such as the monitoring, reviewing and updating of HR policies to ensure they are in line with current legislation and organisational design/change activity.Location: This role will be a hybrid role based 3 days per week within the head office in Birmingham (B37 7ES) and 2 days remote. Parking is available on site at the Birmingham office. Also, it is close to Birmingham International station if you are travelling by train. Travel: There will be a requirement to attend other office locations across the UK as/when required. Duration: This role will be a 3 - 6 month fixed term contract. Work pattern: Full time, Mon - Fri Working hours: 08.30 to 5pm with 60 minute lunch breakWhat you'll be doing:
- Provide full support, advice and guidance on all employee relations matters.
- Lead on the absence management processes across the company.
- Support organisational change activity including restructures/redundancy/redeployment activity within departments as required.
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels and ensure effective communication of good HR practice.
- Undertake projects which support the business strategy and/or improve the effectiveness of HR.
- Build people leadership capability, coach and influence managers, develop their people management and leadership skills, and constructively challenge behaviours/actions where needed.
- Develop and upskill existing members of the HR Services Team in ER matters.
- Manage and take the lead on IR35 regulations and associated HR processes.
- Take an active role in the Diversity & Inclusion steering group and implement recommendations within the HR arena.
- Be involved in ad hoc HR projects/requests as when required.
What you'll need from us:
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging Employment Law.
- HR generalist skills and knowledge.
- Ability to handle complex employee relations matters.
- Effective coaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate information effectively.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload in a busy HR environment.
- Able to build credible relationships across the business and influence manager behaviours.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible and positive attitude.
- Competent IT skills with the ability to use a wide range of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in using the Midland HR i-Trent system - desirable.
- CIPD Level 5 - essential.
- CIPD Level 7 - desirable.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search