Project Engineer - Barrow in Furness - £45k DOE
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest Facilities Management companies in the UK at one of their prestigious clients' sites based in Barrow in Furness.
Salary: £45k depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package.
Location: Barrow in Furness
Hours of work: 7:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Support the Contracts Manager, prepare annual business plans identifying opportunities and development of the small project's operations.
- Preparation of programmes, method statements and risk assessments.
- Procure labour / materials and sub-contractors ensuring waste and costs are minimised.
- Liaise with Management to keep them informed of contract progress and issues that may affect the running of the contract.
- Based upon current and projected project activity as identified in the annual business plan, develop an in house cost effective and multi skilled team of Technicians appropriately to the needs of the project business.
- Management and close supervision of Staff and sub-contractors.
- Knowledgeable and up to date in matters relating to Health and Safety and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations and ensure compliant at all times.
- Preparation of a monthly report for the Contracts Manager detailing project activities.
The successful candidate:
- Educated to HNC / HND Standard (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in similar role
- Knowledge of key operational management disciplines, e.g., quality control, work planning methods
- Capable of managing a portfolio in excess of £500k per annum
- IT literacy (word processing, spreadsheets, and project management tools)
- Valid full driving licence, desirable clean
- Good sound knowledge and understanding with commercial and contractual issues
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search