Our Client is one of the world's leading Consulting Engineering companies. They are exceptional in innovation and service to their prestigious client base.They are looking for a Design Lead to manage Geotechnical Engineers at all levels. Please see below for responsibilities:
- Lead a team of design professionals (engineers, engineering geologists, 3D modellers and drafters) in accordance with the culture and values.
- Lead the delivery of design projects, both within the local (UK) and international (Australian and potentially other) markets.
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Enterprise
- Develop and lead the implementation of business plans to expand the Geotechnical Team and enable a range of geotechnical services to be available cross sector both within and externally.
- Ensure the ongoing training and professional development needs of the UK Geotechnical team are met.
- Duty Statement: The Team Leader role is responsible for leading a team of design professionals specialising in the input of Geotechnical expertise across multiple projects.
- It is envisaged that this will include the delivery of a significant portfolio of work into their Australian, Canadian and American business, whilst also developing profile in the UK market.
Duties will include (but not be limited to) the following tasks:
- Ensuring that the UK Geotechnical Team develops and maintains the people and skills necessary to deliver a quality professional service to both internal and external clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the GHD Geotechnical Service Line to understand client requirements and facilitate the successful resourcing and delivery of projects.
- Providing technical leadership
- Developing and agreeing job work packages, budgets, and progress with Project Managers and Project Directors.
- Managing the allocation of people to projects in agreement with the Project Managers and Project Directors.
- Developing and mentoring people within the Team.
- Ensuring the safety of people within the Team.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search