Senior Software Engineer - Modelling and Simulation You must be able to gain and maintain UK Government clearance so only sole British Nationals to apply pleaseA rare opportunity to work at the very front end of the UK MODs operational analysis community. As a software engineer, you will work within our sprint teams on a variety of high profile projects evaluating the latest military technology to counter the current and future threats our country faces.Your Benefits:
- Flexible working schedules - they offer flexibility to move between projects, including internal research and development work looking at new technologies and business opportunities, plus flexible working patterns and hybrid working arrangements.
- Flexible Benefits Package - choose which benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Development of constructive and real-time Modelling and Simulation (M&S) models and scenarios using a combination of Python, C++ and custom scripting languages using object-oriented design techniques
- Visualise analytical data extracted from these models
- Work closely with the customer to develop threat laydowns and simulation capabilities representing advanced weapon system concepts and implement those concepts.
- Frequent communication across the engineering disciplines/technology areas with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Ability to commute to customer site (Fareham/Gosport) where the majority of work takes place (remote working at other times)
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
- Proven experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience in object-orientated software design and programming using Python and C++ (or similar languages)
- General knowledge of real-time target environments, including processor and network architectures, communication protocols and simulation frameworks.
- General Systems Engineering skills (requirements definition, requirements analysis, functional design/decomposition, enterprise modelling, test & acceptance)
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search