My client is a market leader in the Defence, Aerospace and Security sectors so a good career opportunity
Please note it is important that you have previous experience of working in a test function with an RF background and be familiar with working in a screened laboratory environment
You will be working with a small team of Technicians within Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT), the Test Technician will be responsible for testing production and customer owned hardware, fault-finding and diagnosis of faults to board level, basic assembly of hardware plus programming of modules using a variety of Acceptance Test Equipment and software packages. Core Technician skills, problem solving and continuous improvement are also a necessity.
- Basic assembly of LRI's as guided by internal manufacturing documentation.
- Test hardware using a variety of software packages to company documentation. Diagnose test failures ensuring that all failure data is captured to the companies MRB requirements.
- Operation of thermal chambers and vibration equipment (specific training provided where necessary). Run periodic calibration/ self-checks on test equipment and recording on TPM database.
- Work with Engineering, Industrial Engineering and other supporting departments.
- Provide regular status updates to Team Leader.
- Maintain a clean and tidy working area at all times in line with FOD guidelines.
- Maintain safe working practices within the work area at all times in accordance with internal procedures and current health and safety legislation.
- Keep familiar and remain compliant with adherence to ESD disciplines at all times.
- Must have previous experience of working in a test function with an RF background.
- Proficient use of IT (Prolonged use of Display Screen Equipment).
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and to record all work performed within SAP and other supporting documentation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take responsibility for targets set on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis.
- Excellent communication skills are essential in order to work effectively within the IPT and feedback any blocking issues to Team Leader.
- Contact with COSHH items.
- Some manual handling will be required.
- Proven use of test equipment.
- Previous exposure of hands on testing & fault-finding experience.
- ONC or City and Guilds (or equivalent) or higher within relevant Engineering subject.
- Familiar with working in a screened laboratory environment.
- Certification to IPC610, training will be given if necessary.
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant areas of SAP. Intrinsic Factors. Although predominately site based, the role may require some travel and driving for example to visit suppliers or test facilities, this is unlikely to be a regular occurrence however may be necessary as and when business needs dictate and would have occasional overnight stays. Occasionally the role will be required to support tight deadlines to meet the needs of business requirements
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search