An exciting opportunity has arisen for one of the worlds leading companies in power generation technology and equipment.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team at their production facility in Glasgow.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Support Mechanical systems requirements capture & management, design, development, integration, validation and commissioning activities for the complete the manufactured product range
- Creation of technical specifications, functional design specifications and test procedures for Mechanical systems.
- Create and maintain accurate Bill of Material and part specifications for efficient supply and assembly of our manufactured products.
- Contribute to writing Mechanical system sections of O&M Manual for End Users.
- Engages in providing Mechanical engineering support to both manufacturing and the operating companies.
- Provide SME support to major technical quality investigations.
- Support OEM led RCA investigations, and act in the best interests of the business and hold them accountable to resolution where appropriate.
- Ensures that the Mechanical engineering aspects of the products are selected, engineered and packaged to meet a variety of applications and environments, taking into account efficiency of operation, reliability, maintainability, flexibility and lifetime costs of ownership.
- Extensive Mechanical systems knowledge gained through equipment design experience.
- Highly Proficient in CAD systems. Knowledge of Creo/ProE and AutoCAD is desirable.
- Knowledge of engineering systems and processes - PLM systems (Enovia/Winchill), MRP systems (M3), Engineering change control, international standards, component selection, and new product development processes.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements to produce fabrication and assembly drawings and all part specifications of the Mechanical system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capability includes analysis (thermal, vibration, torsional stiffness, flow, stress, noise), material and component selection, life determination, tolerance analysis.
- Experience of engine, alternator, coupling, AVM, mounting frame power train including calculations and approval of alignment, stiffness, torsional vibration including component specification, assembly, operational and service requirements.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search