Our client is one of the leading Industrial Services companies in the UK and nearly £2bn turnover worldwide and this position is important in managing the commercial projects within an oil refinery.As Senior QS or Commercial Lead together with the Operational team you will establish and subsequently implement fully integrated commercial processes, standards and procedures. You will deliver, develop and apply this integrated approach to all projects within the business unit for accurate on-going monitoring of performance against forecasts/ budgets. The key duties and responsibilities of the role:
- To produce robust, timely and accurate commercial reports in line with the company's requirements, including but not limited to cost value reports (CVRs), including IFS data management updates, end life forecasting (ELF) and earned value management (EVM)
- Create, analyse and review thorough, accurate and detailed project risk(s) and opportunities registers for all schemes within the business unit, ensuring all risks are identified where possible and minimised through avoidance, mitigation or transference. Conversely, develop and implement the strategy for any identified opportunities to be maximised through exploitation, joint/shared incentives and or enhancements.
- Liaise with the planning function to ensure that the project programmes are accurately loaded with the correct budgeted values, this needs to be robust enough to produce an accurate budgeted cost of work scheduled s-curve (Planned Value). This must include sign off by the accountable Construction / Project Manager(s).
- Work closely with the Project / Ops / Site Manager and Planning function to maximise the potential of each project, attend site meetings when necessary to discuss the commercial position. Update any associated commercial reports and ensure any knock-on effects to the business unit are reporting back through the correct channels. Work with the Commercial Manager to ensure that the commercial function interfaces effectively with other departments and the customer.
- Produce a detailed commercial commentary for all new bids within the division, advising on proposed qualifications, departures and pricing strategy required for the specific form of contract.
- >Produce and submit monthly applications for payments for all schemes within the division, including all requisite substantiation, evidence and or any specified supporting documentation as required, ensuring always that they are completed and submitted in line with the prescribed contractual requirements and timescales.
- Undertake all aspects of subcontract management, including initial procurement, value analysis and order placement, through to monitoring, measuring, valuing and agreeing the final account. Ensuring that all process and procedure is followed and the appropriate document and contract administration is observed at all times.
- Manage WIP and debt exposure, ensuring always that exposure days are minimised and cash recovered is expedited to ensure a positive cash position.
- To act as the first point of contact for the operations team in relation to any commercial / financial risk, opportunity, query, clarification, information or support.
- Liaison with Project Manager, Engineers and Planners with regard to recovery of contract costs together with enhancing project profit by identifying variations, delays and claims
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
- To work within established Company policies and procedures.
The Person The ideal candidate for the role will be a strategic thinker with excellent management, negotiating interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to influence and build relationships. They will have knowledge of the industry, as well as knowledge of contract and construction law/ legislation. Essential:
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge of divisional P&L finance, budgeting and contracts costing
- Contract experience, preparing valuations and claims for clients and subcontractors
- Graduate or graduate calibre
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Drivers license
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search