Project Mechanical EngineerRole - Project Mechanical Engineer Project - Thermal Location - East Yorkshire / Hybrid Start Date - ASAP End Date - End of December 2023 + Likely Extension Rates - £400 - £500 Daily Rate Inside IR35KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- As an exponent of multi-disciplined engineering you will schedule work and financial programmes to ensure that Projects are delivered, on time, to budget and supports the premise of the customer requirements.
- Ownership and delivery of full project lifecycle for assigned projects, from conception, through definition, design, installation, commissioning and final handover.
- Directs and controls contractor's activities so that work is undertaken to the company's requirements and safety instructions.
- Will assist in defining specification requirements for engineering contracts, drafting the necessary documentation and participate in tender evaluation to ensure that contracts are awarded in the best interests of the company.
- Ensures all required PPI (Plant and Process Information) is generated for ongoing support of plant and assets required as dictated by the projects. Ensures that the required governance checks and contemporary records are produced, indexed and archived to satisfy the requirements of legislation and any future demonstration of process required.
- Provides technical advice and support to own and other discipline technical staff on all matters appropriate to their experience and discipline.
- Participates in the preparation of the business capital budget and will exercise control of costs to meet budget requirements.
- Self-sufficient in the management and reporting requirements for finance, procurement and contracts.
- Has clear understanding of financial justifications and can compose supporting documentation for senior management to validate the decision-making processes and evaluation.
- Actively engage in design, project management and commissioning of plant modifications including initiation of recommendations for modifications, to ensure timely and cost-effective completion.
- Supervises the acceptance and commissioning of plant and equipment and prepares maintenance schedules and programmes to ensure reliable operation.
- Actively keeps abreast of the standards the site should operate to in line with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Environment Agency, COMAH, ATEX/DSEAR, PSSR, PE(S)R and appropriate discipline technical matters.
- Undertake duties outlined by your manager from time to time.
- Supports management in the delivery of key objectives and deliverables.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC in Engineering Discipline (or equivalent)
- Industry legislation.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Engineering and other plant design standards.
- Experience of relevant engineering and other plant design and installation standards e.g. (PE(S)R, PSSR, ASME B31.3, ATEX / DSEAR)
- Experience in the Maintenance & engineering of Mechanical plant and equipment, relevant to the installations.
- Computer literate
- Ability to operate in a structured project environment and be self-sufficient
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the capability of representing the Company with all outside organisations visiting the installation.
- Project management process training.
- Previous Experience on high hazard or COMAH sites
- Project engineering experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / COMPETENCIES
- The post requires an analytical thinker who can use their experience to innovate new solution and systems to complement the legal operating framework of the Gas Storage business;
- The jobholder must demonstrate a high degree of both flexibility and adaptability to support the role as required;
- Thoroughness as well as detail orientated is a pre-requisite of the jobholder especially with regards to planning and organising of work;
- High personal and professional standards;
- A team player who is happy to challenge others and accept challenge themselves;
- Ability to communicate clear justification processes for works and their rationale to support this.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search