SC Security Cleared Lead Linux EngineerMy client is an international market leader in the defence sector. Their UK Cyber & Intelligence business combines modern software development approaches with a rich heritage and experience in the defence and security sectors. Customers have complex and sensitive data and information requirements requiring a mission partner who quickly understands the context, delivering and sustaining a portfolio of challenging technology projects at scale and pace, supporting them through an ambitious digital transformation programme.DevOps Linux Engineers are critical to the success of their market leading and agile delivery teams. Collaborating with Architects, Software Developers and Testers, they align complex systems to exacting standards and deliver mission value that transforms client systems, whilst delivering improvement in reliability, cost and organisational agility.Your Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders to design, build and maintain mission critical systems
- Administering systems based on Linux and Windows operating systems
- Maintaining and troubleshooting IP networking systems
- Automating system deployment, operation and maintenance using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tooling
- Continuously expand your own skills, maintaining and enhancing relevant certifications
- Proven experience of designing, deploying and administering Linux or Unix based solutions, using virtualisation, containerisation, Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tools, techniques & procedures.
- Certified to RHCE equivalent level in one of the appropriate Linux certification bodies, for example GIAC, LPI, Oracle, RedHat or The Linux Foundation
- Experience of designing, deploying & troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, including Subnetting, OSPF Routing, VLANs and VPNs
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Puppet or Python
- Experience of administering Virtualised or Containerised systems in VMWare or Docker
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search