Contract Senior or Principal Embedded Software Engineer
My client is a leader in the Aerospace and Defence Sectors especially in the areas of Radar and Optoelectronics
JOB SCOPE: The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for the whole or an assigned portion of a design from preliminary specification through to verified software. The Embedded Software Engineer provides expert knowledge of software design, test and verification.JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To use good engineering practice to produce embedded software for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions for the business.
- To support and enhance existing software in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
- To undertake defining a set of requirements for a feature/bug fix up to system level; design and document a solution that meets the requirements; and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
- To write technical documentation including low level requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
- Will be expected to take responsibility of a small project/work package. This will involve scoping the task and defining resources together with estimated time scales. Project ownership will involve monitoring project progress and reporting to stake holders.
- To be knowledgeable of working polices and implement them. Advise junior members of the team of the practices they should be following.
- To be responsible for building a software package for release; including: configuring the release, raising the appropriate documentation and chairing the release meeting.
- To be able to use test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented embedded software and verify it operates as expected.
- Technical liaison within and outside with customers, suppliers and collaborators on software related matters.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing constructive feedback in code/document reviews.
- Travel within the UK & Germany may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS:
- An excellent Masters or Bachelors Degree from a good university.
- 5 years or more experience working on embedded software designs.
- Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Experience working on Radar or related DSP applications desirable.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search