Based in the Basingstoke area, our client has an innovative development and production environment and they work with some of the world's most recognisable brands. They are looking for a new Engineering Director to oversee daily operations and help manage the companies strong growth plans over the next few years.
They design and produce a wide variety of automotive electronic modules including ultrasonic alarm systems, body control modules, dashboard displays and gearbox control systems. As part of their Senior Leadership Team, the Engineering Manager reports to the Managing Director and leads a multi-disciplined team of engineers and technicians responsible for the delivery of product designs adhering to quality, safety, cost and timing requirements. You should be a motivated and motivational leader prepared and capable of getting "hands-on" as required in the design process. They will have strong experience in leading and managing small teams and be able to clearly set priorities and define objectives for the team, whilst ensuring they are being effectively delivered.
You will have broad experience across engineering disciplines with knowledge of embedded software, electronics, systems and mechanical design and they will be organised and disciplined, adept at prioritising multiple projects and activities.
You will have excellent communication skills and be capable of building strong technical relationships with customers and suppliers. They will also possess commercial acumen and understand how this is applied in conjunction with technical solutions to get the best results. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate a team of multi-disciplined engineers and technicians, planning resources and recruiting for any deficits.
- To manage the engineering department in providing design and development activities and production support for bespoke electronic control modules.
- Define the technical strategic path for the company.
- Engage with customers on all aspects of engineering from initial concept through to production support.
- Initiation and implementation of new projects.
- Manage development programmes in line with automotive practices/systems keeping tight control on engineering resource.
- Hold detailed design reviews and provide guidance where necessary.
- Develop detailed engineering development timing plans with Project Managers.
- Process development and refinement based on existing IATF 16949 accreditations.
- Support for customer specific processes: CN's, PPAP, PSO, DVP&R, DFMEA.
- Obsolescence and component availability management.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good degree or equivalent in electronics/software engineering or similar
- Demonstrable success in leading engineering teams
- Experience of completing several full life-cycle developments within an electronics and software engineering environment
- Outstanding communication skills - ability to communicate effectively at all levels, verbally, in writing and in a group setting
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, at all levels and across all functions within and outside the organisation
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Hands on approach to engineering
- Strong IT literacy on Windows based PCs
- Highly effective at juggling multiple projects and prioritisation
- Able to delegate effectively
- Able to work on own initiative
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Automotive background (or other regulated industry) with familiarity of automotive standards and legislation
- Strong knowledge of programming and circuit design in embedded systems
- Hardware and software functional safety design and validation under ISO26262
- Awareness of AUTOSAR development environment
- Awareness of Cyber Security standards and implementation
- Strong understanding of electronic manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with Mechanical Design Tools such as CATIA or SolidWorks
Please get in touch for further information about the package and an informal discussion.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search