Our client is a leading global supplier of opto-electronics and photonic products present in a variety of markets from medical and biotechnology to semiconductor and industrial markets, based in Hamble, Hampshire. They are looking to hire a Buyer to join their team in Hamble.
The Buyer should be a strong team player with outstanding negotiation skills. They should be flexible and adaptable in their hours and tasks depending on the levels of workload and needs of the business. They should be able to work independently without too much direction and take responsibility for decisions made. The Buyer should have a strong awareness of the organization and be skilled in managing conflict especially with suppliers. The role requires an individual who is adept at communication with all levels of personnel and suppliers and should ensure they are compliant with procedures at all times. They should be creative and innovative to enable the company to move forwards.
- Use Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) system to identify materials required and then ensure that these are ordered and delivered on-time.
- Create accurate Purchase Orders ensuring that part numbers, issue numbers, prices, cost centres, exchange rates and other information are entered correctly.
- Negotiate price and delivery lead-time with suppliers.
- Liaison with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice queries.
Supplier Account Management
- Control rejects, supplier returns and ensure corrective action is put in place to eliminate problem recurrence.
- Audit suppliers with QA and produce minutes of supplier meetings.
- Expediting orders and minimisation of shortages.
- Liaison with Production Planner to highlight problems meeting delivery schedules.
- Identify new and alternate suppliers to ensure plan is met.
- Create Deviation Permits and Concessions when these are required, and ensure these are fully approved before defective material is used.
- Continually reduce material cost whilst not compromising quality and on-time delivery by working closely with the Purchasing Team Leader.
- Negotiate improved terms & conditions, payment terms, buffer stock, free delivery and other methods to reduce cost of acquisition
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing company.
- Relevant experience of purchasing engineered parts.
- Knowledge and experience of using an MRP system.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Competent with MS Office software package.
- Flexibility & resourcefulness.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Diligent and well organised.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working in a high-tech environment.
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings.
- Part CIPS qualified.
- Experience of writing contracts.
- Minimum HNC in an Engineering discipline.
If you have the right skills required for the Buyer role, please do apply with your up-to-date CV and we will be in contact.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search