Our client is a leading global supplier of opto-electronics and photonic products present in a variety of markets from medical and biotechnology to semiconductor and industrial markets. They currently have an opportunity for an Engineering Buyer to join their team in Hamble, Southampton.
The Engineering Buyer will need to be a strong team player with outstanding negotiation skills.The role requires an individual who is adept at communication with all levels of personnel and suppliers and should ensure they are compliant with procedures at all times. They should be creative and innovative to enable the company to move forwards.
Main Responsibilities of the Engineering Buyer
- Purchasing materials and engineering parts
- Use Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) system to identify materials required
- Create accurate Purchase Orders
- Liaise with accounts payable to resolve invoice queries.
- Negotiate price and delivery lead-time with suppliers.
- Supplier Account Management
- Audit suppliers and attend supplier meetings.
- Expediting orders and minimisation of shortages
- Liaison with Production Planner to highlight problems meeting delivery schedules.
- Identify new and alternate suppliers to ensure plan is met.
- Reduce materials costs and renegotiate terms where possible, without compromising on quality
Engineering Buyer Skills and Experience
- Experience of working for a manufacturing company.
- Experience of purchasing engineered parts.
- Knowledge and experience of using an MRP system.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings would be advantageous
- CIPS qualified or working towards is desirable
Salary dependant on experience
1 day WFH per week
Location: Hamble, Southampton
If you have the skills required for the Buyer role, please do apply with your up-to-date CV and we will be in contact.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search