Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a valve manufacturing company who are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their team to cover both Portsmouth and Southampton areas as well as potential locations further afield. This company offer a installation, service and refurbishment of all mechanical and electrical components associated with Penstocks, Valves, and Actuators.
This position is completely remote and will require you to drive from location to location throughout the day. This position does offer a company van alongside door to door payments and overtime rates on top of the standard salary.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Analytical survey of control equipment, both mechanical and physical. Penstocks, Valves & Actuators.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect valve / actuator parts, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects with regards to the valves, actuators, and pipework.
- Report any abnormalities.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Install and commission supplied equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive service visits as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Lifting of access covers and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m once certified using the appropriate tools
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Guide and supports junior team members; may assist in their formal training
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:Required Qualifications:
- Essential - Minimum Mechanically qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 or industry equivalent.
- Preferable - Knowledge of Actuators, Valves, associated equipment.
- Nice to have - Experience in MIG Welding
- Full driving licence
- Able to use a computer/automated system and various customer management logging-in systems
- Physically fit able to lift weights
- Ability to work in confined spaces - confined space medical is required
- Outside on customer site in all weather conditions
- Work in confined spaces i.e., drains, sewers
Standard weekly job hours:Normal hours of work are 39 per week however a totally flexible working attitude is necessary to meet the client and business needs. In addition, on-call duties will be necessary on a rota
If you would like to know more about this position please contact Carbon60 Fareham where one of our consultants will be more than happy to speak with you. Alternatively you can email your CV
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search