Excellent long term contract opportunity available for experienced Site Managers / Project Managers to work as Operational Manager (SM/PM) with one of our trusted partners, overseeing demolition works (10 weeks) and £4m enabling works (until Dec 23) at Dorset County Hospital. Enabling works includes new roads, cut and fill, piling mat, new service connections, and service diversions. There is also future opportunity to see the next phases of the project through to completion (2026), should you get on well in the position. Our client is a leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit-out company who deliver vital projects across a range of sectors including health, education, highways, justice, defence, aviation, water and environment. As a UK regional contractor, they provide specialist design and build capabilities and are experienced at project management and integrating all aspects of a project. With over 130 years of experience in the construction and engineering sector, they are a trusted partner of central and local government and are used to working closely with customers and supply chain to achieve outstanding results.
- Management of the works and managing a team on site to safely deliver the works safely, on time and to budget.
- Manage day to day operations to ensure construction is conducted in a safe manner.
- Manage commercials, budget, and detail any issued to the senior management teams.
- Ensure program schedule is maintained and delivered on time and within budget, while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Ensure the project is delivered in accordance with the appropriate standards, specifications, and regulatory requirements.
- Carrying out regular inspections to monitor performance and ensure health & safety compliance throughout the construction process.
- Manage subcontractors and direct labour resources.
- Hold review meetings and report regularly on all construction activities (budget, scheduling etc).
- Assist the estimating team in the preparation of the project estimate or cost plans.
- Contribute to work planning, and briefing project teams, contractors, and suppliers.
- Undertake full handover of projects / packages of work.
- CSCS Black / White Card (essential)
- NVQ level 6 or 7 (preferable)
- SMSTS / SSSTS (essential)
- First aid at work (essential)
- Asbestos Awareness / Removal
- Scaffold Awareness (preferable)
- Relevant degree or HND / HNC qualification (essential)
- Knowledge of CDM regulations & building regulations (essential)
- NEBOSH (preferable)
- IOSH (preferable)
- Must have 5+ years' experience as Site or Project Manager with strong technical and commercial ability
- Previous experience on ProCure 22 framework / NHS or healthcare sector / Hospital refurbs, extensions, and new builds / Office refurbs
- Must have experience managing a team
- Healthcare sector with HTM / HBN knowledge is desirable
- Must have experience working on a live site
- Must have excellent communication and organisation
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search