As one of our established Build Partners, Volker is seeking to recruit a Planner based in Bracknell to work on the CityFibre 5G rollout.
It is your responsibility to create and update Programmes (NEC3 Contract) for the installation of telecoms infrastructure, including civils, cabling, splicing, and testing, using Primavera P6. To ensure consistency in the delivery of projects, as well as to assist the business in achieving its objectives through the support and communication of internal project staff and the client. The position requires you to deliver high-quality results in a fast-growing environment in the design and construction of telecoms systems.
- Comply with the Contract requirements, monitor and update the programme throughout the life of the project and report on progress.
- Will work with the project team to develop the overall project programme for all stages - design, procurement, build and handover, with a clearly defined critical path and key milestone dates.
- Ability to identify and highlight items and activities that would form a critical path.
- Assist the project team in developing short-term look ahead programmes to ensure on-time delivery.
- Identify opportunities for early completion and advise the project team.
- Change management through the programme - Assessment of Compensation events and their effect on the programme.
- Work with the Commercial team to produce procurement schedules and update as required.
- Work with the client design management team to produce schedules of deliverables and update as required.
- Develop accurate project programmes for daily & weekly updates.
- Set up meetings, discuss and present to the team and client any changes to programmes.
- Ensure all reports for internal and external use are produced and submitted at the required time.
- Liaise with subcontractors and project supervisors to ensure programmes are received, checked, and incorporated into the main overall programme in the correct timescales.
- Ensure all programmes are stored correctly for future reference.
- Co-ordinate with Local Authorities, Highway Agencies and other third parties.
- Assist in the creation of production outputs for future reference when developing programmes.
- Review as-built information, contractor performance, lessons learned, and delay analysis as required.
- Provide feedback to enable the development of planning procedures.
- Represent the company and enhance its reputation by attending progress meetings, developing relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, meeting staff from other divisions and attending presentations by/to the client for new opportunities and tenders.
The successful candidate Will need the following experience:
- Working towards a qualification in Construction/Civil Engineering/Telecommunications desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications - FTTP
- Experience working in construction industry.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage time across multiple different duties.
- Understanding of planning software.
- Experience using scheduling software such as Primavera P6 & Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of the NEC3 suite of contracts and the contract's programme requirements.
- Strong communication including writing reports and presenting.
- IT Literate. Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Power BI would be desirable.
- Desire for self-development and continuous self-improvement.
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company, in which you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a car allowance, a private pension scheme 28 day's annual leave and Bank holidays.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you then please apply now and please contact me on 07918588536
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search