Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA) Technical Writer
This role is an opportunity to become part of a growing team, containing System/Network Engineers and Software Developers who are responsible for providing solutions to Maritime Situational Awareness problem sets.
Carbon60 are looking for an experienced (SFIA Level 5) Technical Writer who can provide support to an engineering team in support of Maritime Domain Awareness systems in the UK and overseas, to sustain Navy Command objectives.
Role specific requirements
The candidate must be capable of:
- CreatingMDA Capability related product and service documentation, including technical diagrams, tables, flowcharts, and other illustrations to define detail and improve understandingofMDA Engineering technologies.
- Familiar with technical IT documentation including HLD, schema, logical, process maps, domain models, APIs etc.
- Establish, implement, and control standardised documentation formats.
- Establish an intuitive information management construct to enable user-friendly referencing for engineering team in customer-friendly repositories.
- Further develop and update existing product and service documentation when changes occur.
- Establish a review and peer review process to enable assurance of documentation accuracy
- Manage document version control.
- Ensure all documentation is backed up for business continuity
- Education of engineering team to improve technical reporting behaviour and culture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment,producingIaaSandSaaS documentation.
- Track and complete deliverables within defined sprint cycles.
- Work closely with team leads and engineers to establish requirements for tasking and gather sufficient information to deliver quality documentation
- Maximise the clarity and impact of written content
- Write/edit/proofread documents, guides, blogs, posts, presentations, reports and other technical artefacts.
- Possess visual design, grammar and written English skills.
- Develop products that align with Defence Standards.
- Start date - ASAP
- End date - Mar 25
- 220 days over a 12-month period (pro rata in line with start date). A standard day is assumed to be 7.5 hours.
- Candidate will need to be able to attain a minimum SC clearance.
- Rate - dependent on experience and interview.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search