Production Support EngineerOur client develops products used in challenging maritime and underwater environments. Typical products are Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, tracking devices, environmental survey systems and sonar systems. They are looking to hire a Production Support Engineer to support the production team in the continuing manufacture of existing products, including being the first point of contact for production issues, general test procedures/methods, test fixtures and problem solving.The role holder will also support our Engineering department in assisting with the testing of new designs and work closely with our New Product Introduction (NPI) team and Quality Engineers to ensure design for manufacture and design for test best practice is adopted on new designs.Your responsibilities:
- Act as First Point Of Contact for all production issues and communication bridge between Production and Engineering design teams in the areas listed below.
- Own / maintain all Test Equipment held within the NPI Production Engineering department
- Writing/updating Test Procedures
- Identifying Technical Change, Troubleshooting/investigating issues and managing change through to resolution
- Working closely with the quality team to proactively identify, raise and resolve quality issues with products, production procedures and product test jigs/equipment
- Support and resolve issues resulting from Production Test, Purchasing/Supply, Manufacturing, customer support and Engineering
- Own & Manage Production Test Jigs and Software (including identifying improvements)
- Proactively manage any development of hardware and software requirements identified in production and work closely with NPI Development Engineer to meet production requirements.
- Working with the NPI team and Production to support FMEA reviews and manage resulting actions
- Assist our NPI team with Productionisation reviews and resulting actions
- Support automation and other waste reduction initiatives
- Implement engineering changes resulting from NPI phase and Production, consulting design authority and all other required stakeholders.
- Use of Quality tools: 8D, Root cause analysis, 5y's, etc.
- Interrogating Schematics
- Reviewing BOM's
- Working with ERP system
- Communicating well with all areas of the business
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level Analogue and digital electronic hardware design
- Analogue and digital electronic hardware design
- Focus on lean / waste reduction
- Design for Test/Manufacture (DFT, DFM)
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Continuous Improvement
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search