We are currently looking for an experienced Site Agent to work with our trusted partner on the Yorkshire Water Framework. As Site Agent, you will be responsible for managing projects within the Company's Infrastructure Group either in the Civils or Water streams from contract award through to completion; reporting to either a Contracts Manager or Project Manager depending on the value and complexity of project and personal experience/ability. The mission is to ensure the successful completion of projects for the Company by achieving acceptable financial outcomes, whilst maintaining and improving client relationships, and adherence to the quality/safety/environmental policies of the business. Our client is a leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit-out company who deliver vital projects across a range of sectors including health, education, highways, justice, defence, aviation, water and environment. As a UK regional contractor, they provide specialist design and build capabilities and are experienced at project management and integrating all aspects of a project. With over 130 years of experience in the construction and engineering sector, they are a trusted partner of central and local government and are used to working closely with their customers and supply chain to achieve outstanding results.What you will be doing:
- Resource allocation and management of Site staff.
- Reporting to the senior Manager on Department budget control procedures for contracts and progress against programme.
- Ensure safe systems of work and the Company Safety Policy are practiced.
- Enforcement and monitoring of the Division's Quality Assurance and Env systems.
- Management of projects/contracts.
- Motivation of staff.
- Communication at all levels regarding progress of projects.
- Staff recruitment.
- Directly supervise Sub Agents, General Foreman.
- Indirectly supervise Site Engineer, Foreman, and Gangers.
Required knowledge and work experience:
- Has held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor for at least 2 years (essential)
- Possesses proven experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients e.g. LUL, HA, Water Companies, Petro/Chem.
- Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Site Agent through career development with both theoretical and practical experience
- Specialist / technical knowledge/competences
- Has held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period. (essential)
- Knowledge of the construction process
- Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience
- Commercially and contractually aware
- Awareness of quality and environmental practices within the business environment
Required qualifications / certs:
- CSCS card (Black or White)
- SMSTS (5 day)
- First Aid at Work (4 day)
- National Water Hygiene card
- CITB Health and Safety
- Essential Civil Engineering/Building qualification
- Preferred BSc Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered status or approaching
- Holds a UK driving licence
Required personal skills:
- Strong leadership, motivational, and people management skills
- Must have good organisational skills and be able to communicate at all levels
- Time management skills
- Ability to delegate and manage tasks carried out by the site team
- Good decision maker
- Good team player
Permanent employee benefits:
- Car Allowance
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Matched pension scheme up to 8%
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes benefits such as cycle to work
- Access to retail discount scheme
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search