Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
Our client is a leading global supplier of opto-electronics and photonic products present in a variety of markets from medical and biotechnology to semiconductor and industrial markets. They currently have an opportunity for an Indirect Buyer to join their team in Hamble, Southampton.
The indirect Buyer will be responsible in providing expertise in the management of indirect procurement of the Capital Expenditure (CAPEX), Equipment and On-Site Services, ensuring lowest acquisition cost and alignment to company strategy. The indirect buyer will report into the supply chain manager.
Responsibilities of the Indirect Buyer:
* Indirect Procurement- Procure CAPEX, Equipment, Facility products & services, tooling and other clean room equipment as required.
* Manage relationship with indirect suppliers and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Manage RFQ, negotiate and recommend supplier selections, driving a competitive supplier base.
* Negotiate and execute contracts related to CAPEX, Equipment's and Services at the best price and terms.
* Develop ideas and strategies to improve supply chain efficiency and work towards continuous improvement
* Liaise with internal stakeholder on demand and future requirements for equipment and services.
* Manage open purchase orders, acknowledgements and delivery to minimise shortages to program / project.
* Continually reduce cost without compromising quality and on-time delivery and negotiate improved terms & conditions and payment terms, etc.
* Use the MRP system to identify materials required and then ensure that PO's are created, placed and delivered on-time.
* Attend Internal key Reviews and Production meetings and take ownership of Indirect purchasing issues, as well as conducting review meetings with key service suppliers where applicable.
Indirect Buyer- Skills & Experience:
* Experience of direct and indirect procurement within a manufacturing company and CAPEX and Services buying would be desirable
* Knowledge and experience of using an MRP system or ERP system (SAP.)
* Contract negotiation and implementation skills.
* Competent with MS software package.
* Competent in RFQ process, Quote analysis, price analysis, negotiation and contract award process
* CIPS qualified would be desirable
Salary dependant on experience
1 day WFH per week
Location: Hamble, Southampton
If you have the skills required for the Indirect Buyer role, please do apply with your up-to-date CV and we will be in contact.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.