Manufacturing Assembly Operative
Carbon60 are currently looking for a Manufacturing Assembly Operative who is confident in their ability to assemble from PCB level through sub assembly with soldering and crimping experience for a very interesting client of ours based in Yateley.
Our client develops and manufactures underwater technology for various industries such as renewables, defence and science. These products are built for various purposes such as mapping, surveying, detection, protection, measurement and sonar.
They are looking for an Assembly Operative to join their manufacturing team on an initial 18-month fixed-term contract.
Salary: Up to £28,000 p/a.
Shift Pattern: Mon - Thurs 08:00 -16:45. 08:00 - 15:30 Friday.
- To assemble the products from PCB level through sub assembly to finished units, following Company engineering drawings. (In-house PCB level assembly is limited with the majority of PCB's being externally supplied).
- To understand and build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
- To highlight any specification or design error through the Cell Co-ordinators or Departmental Manager or directly with the Production Engineering team.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality System procedures and standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports i.e., Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests etc. in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines. To establish effective working relations with all departments, i.e., Production Engineering, Stores, Quality etc. to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of assembly related issues.
- To provide assistance and support to other Assembly staff when requested, to complete specific activities.
- To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures and maintain records via the systems provided.
- To understand and use Company IT resources, i.e. Intranet, ERP system in support of day-to-day activities such as part enquiries, stock search, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Able to read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Previous manufacturing assembly experience, including soldering and crimping
- Proven ability to use production equipment, i.e. soldering irons, crimps, etc.
- IT literate
- Surface mount experience would be desirable
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search