Carbon60 are currently looking for a Mechanical Fitter to work for a client of ours whom are based in Aberdeen. This is a temporary position with the prospect of going perm in the future.
This Mechanical Fitter position will be working with our client who are well known in the engineering sector for their engineering services. They have sites across the UK and Ireland.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Repairs to all types of industrial equipment including AC and DC motors, Motorised Gearboxes, Gearbox's, Pumps, Fan units and other associated rotating equipment (a bias towards pumps is essential)
- Have the ability to fault find and identify and rectify defects and worn / damaged components
- Have as a minimum basic electrical testing capability to assess electrical condition of AC & DC components
- Have sound mechanical engineering knowledge to identify and rectify faulty and worn / damaged components and understand reclamation techniques and reverse engineering options
- Applicants must be flexible and be prepared to work the hours required in a demanding and busy 24/7 service orientated environment
- Participate in call out rota as required
- Working on site in addition to the workshop when required (Site working experience is a distinct advantage and suitable qualifications such as CCNSG passport is preferable)
- Working within the current health & safety guidelines and site requirements
- Mechanical NVQ level 3 or Equivalent
- Previous Mechanical Fitter experience
- Knowledge and previous experience of working with pumps, motors and other rotating equipment - desirable
- knowledge and ability to fault find
- Have minimal basic electrical experience
The interview for this position will be held shortly. This position offers Monday - Friday working hours and a great opportunity to join an esteemed engineering company.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search