A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a PDI Inspector at a renowned Defence company. The role will be to control the release of product to ensure it meets our Customer's requirements and to provide governance and ensure maintenance of standards and regulations.
We are looking for a PDI inspector to join a defence company that specialises in the conversion of commercial vehicles to armoured vehicles with military applications.
Due to the nature of the company, we are looking for someone to support the Quality Engineer manager to ensure they are consistently improving the product development, delivery, quality and engineering processes.
- Support the Quality Manager in improving understanding of ISO9001 and ISO14001 across all areas of the business.
- To understand and comply with company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Liaise with all departments as required to improve communication and integration
- Support cost down activities.
- To support and assist in improving the product development, delivery, quality and engineering processes.
- To audit and report on all departments as required
- Support the approval of new suppliers
- To lead and maintain a material review board to ensure non-conforming product is assessed and managed
- To support, control and ensure resolution of process failures in all business areas
- To ensure appropriate Quality plans are in place for all projects
- Support of project planning processes
- Experience of automotive / military Quality Assurance activities
- Ability to understand and read engineering drawings and specifications
- Confidence in speaking direct to customers, both internal & external
- Proven track record of process development and improvement
- Experience of inspection and measurement of components and assemblies
- Audit and assessment against differing standards
- Knowledge of welding procedures and processes
- Knowledge of appropriate quality tools and techniques for successful resolution of concerns
- HGV license (desired)
Working the hours of Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 4:30pm - Friday: 7:30am - 2pm
As this organisation works on behalf of the Ministry of Defence, all candidates will need to hold sole British Citizenship and will need to be able to pass a self-funded basic DBS (criminal record check)
The role is inside IR-35 so we will be unable to engage with LTD companies
If you fit the criteria and are interested apply now, interviews will be held shortly. For more information contact Carbon60
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search