Mechanical Maintenance Technician Shift: 4 on 4 off - Days (6am to 6pm) and Nights (6pm to 6am) Overtime: Available (paid at x1.5)We are working with a leader in waste, water and energy management. They are looking to recruit Mechanical Maintenance Engineers to work at their flagship plant in Southwark, London.As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Schedule the maintenance aspects of the plant, by reducing disruption to operations and maximising uptime and availability.
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance work in a heavy industrial environment.
- Prevent plant breakdowns by ensuring the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is carried out and is optimal.
- Manage inventory and spare parts in line with approved systems.
- Analyse causes of unscheduled downtime and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Liaise with contractors and third parties to organise specialist maintenance works.
- Implement risk assessments for maintenance activities.
- Work with engineers and provide leadership to fitters' mates and apprentices.
- Level 3 NVQ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Applicants with Level 2 NVQ Mechanical Engineering and relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Trade qualified in MIG and arc welding techniques.
- Experience working with electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and material handling equipment.
- Maintenance experience in a fast paced production process environment.
- Experience working with material handling equipment in fast paced production lines - conveyors, baling equipment, low voltage equipment, motors, material handling equipment, plant auxiliaries, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and optical separation, magnetic and Eddy current separation technology.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leader in their field and develop a long term career.
Please contact us for further information about the company and the role.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search