Mechanical Technician Location: Brentford, London Salary: £40,800 pa (£35,000 salary + £5,800 shift allowance) Working pattern: Continental shift pattern - days only (4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hour shifts, 7am - 7pm)We are looking for a qualified and time-served mechanical engineer with a solid maintenance track record in building services environment to join an industry-leading facilities management company on a prestigious Client site in Brentford, London.About the job:
- Undertake maintenance and reactive activity, to a wide range of Mechanical Building Services equipment including but not limited to heating boilers, pumps, compressed air systems, sanitary ware, fan coil and air handling units and BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial premises.
- Undertake within your levels of competency inspection and reactive activity to a wide range of Electrical Building Services equipment including but not limited to general lighting, building controls, small power and distribution, BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial premises
- Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
- Take part in a rota to provide a reactive maintenance service outside operating hours of the site.
- To work within a shift system to provide a core presence at client sites within an extended weekday period.
- To undertake weekend/out of hours working to complete intrusive maintenance activities that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours.
- Working in line with the Permit to Work System.
- To implement systems that will ensure plant is maintained and operated to its optimum efficiency.
- Participate in departmental energy saving schemes and promote the understanding and importance of the economic use of energy.
- Monitor site performance of sub-contractors and report poor performance.
- Use of IT systems (Handheld device) as part of the CAFM system.
- Work in line with issued Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Qualified and time served in mechanical discipline.
- IOSH Passport or CSCS Card
- Substantial experience in mechanical building services and plant engineering with a working knowledge of electrical systems.
- (Preferred but not essential) Previous appointment as AP/CP for one or more of the following disciplines, Boilers and Pressure systems, Working at Heights, Confined Spaces
- Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search