Role - Project Technologist (Hydrogen)
Location - Flexible - Scotland / Ireland (Travel to Glasgow Required)
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - Approx. 12 Months + Possible Extensions
Rates - £450 - £550 Daily Rate Inside IR35 via Umbrella
Clearance Level - BPSS
The Project Technologist role will require technical coordination and management of various work packages associated with the Hydrogen Production Plant, with a focus on implementing key design governance processes.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Project Technologist will include;
- Working collaboratively within the Projects multi-disciplinary team, reporting through Engineering Management on progress, including emerging risks and opportunities.
- Scoping, and subsequent review, of concept design studies, including engagement with, and management of, third Party contractors and consultants, and internal discipline specialists. You will work alongside the Projects Procurement & Commercial Team to deliver these.
- Provide input to Multi-Disciplinary Design Reviews.
- Input to the site feasibility and site selection process led by the Consents Team, and interface and coordinate with multiple disciplines within the Engineering Team.
- Provide Technical support to the Consents process.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Technology Qualification Plan, including the review of certification schemes.
- Conducting technology optioneering studies associated with elements of the Hydrogen Production Plant, and cost benefit analyses and technology due diligence where applicable, to advise both project and asset teams
- Supporting the decision-making process by working with the project team to produce robust recommendations for senior project management.
What Do I Need?
- Demonstrable design delivery experience across concept design and pre-FEED stages of large Capital Projects with synergies to electrolytic hydrogen production.
- Demonstrable experience of integrating complex systems with multiple stakeholders, third party contractors and external bodies.
- Technical discipline experience relevant to renewable power generation and/or process plant engineering, ideally with knowledge in hydrogen, system integration etc.
- A degree qualification in a relevant subject, and equivalent experience (minimum 3 years post-graduation) within an Engineering, Design & Development or Analyst environment, where you can demonstrate technical expertise and commercial awareness.
- Exceptional organisational skills, demonstrating adaptability and flexibility to handle and deliver on multiple tasks simultaneously, along with an ability to be forward thinking, using your own initiative to work independently and lead on challenge areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead optioneering and decision-making workshops and have the ability to build, maintain and influence effective relationships freely and collaboratively, both internally and externally.
We are looking for someone who takes ownership, who can visualise and clearly articulate proposed solutions, has an approachable manner and can adapt to changing situations.
Having a background in Renewables isn't necessary, as we welcome applications from those with transferable experience. It's more important to us that you share our values, bring unique experience and are eager to learn.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search