New Malden - Hybrid Position
NB!! Please only sole British Nationals to apply due to security clearance
My client is an international market leader in the Defence Sector especially in the Naval Sector
A key member of the Systems Engineering function, this role ensures programme work is delivered on time, budget and to the required scope through robust plans. The Defence Systems Engineering Team provides support across the three programme areas (Surface Ships, Submarines and Naval Services), helping drive the other functions through the Project Lifecycle from Customer needs to Validation (and closeout).
- Conduct/lead all systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR) in accordance with the Systems Engineering procedure and programme schedule.
- Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
- Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
- Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, V&V, ILS, IA, Safety etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Have awareness of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
Management, Tracking & Reporting
- Lead the team to deliver the planned outputs to time, cost and quality, prioritising work, resolving issues or escalating as necessary
- Drive the decision-making processes for exceptional activities or circumstances and deviations
- Support risk reviews, programme reviews and design reviews
Design, Development & Qualification
- Drive industry best practice for engineering designing, development, integration, verification, validation and qualification
- Ensure designs comply with approved management plans, using approved design methods, competent personnel, effective delivery systems and design processes
- Engage effectively with the Governance Team on Programme constraints, challenges and changes
- Ensure deliverables are appropriately reviewed and checked by competent persons via single discipline and inter-discipline checks
Review and Audit
- Involve the Governance Team early enough to guarantee time for Programme Reviews
- Conduct periodic self-assessment, review and audit of design standards, methods, competencies and processes & procedures in the quality system
General Operational / Team Leader duties
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Remain compliant with all applicable Business Management / Command Media Processes and procedures
- Support the functional lead in developing and growing a professional and engaged team
- Understand and apply all policies, processes and procedures around people management, compliance and governance
- Adept at problem-solving, able to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Good attention to detail
- Organised, adept at workload management and prioritising appropriately to meet deadlines
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Proactive team worker, equally self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Good interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with all audiences/stakeholders and present relevant information clearly at all levels of the organisation
- Strong customer focus
- Has well-developed influencing skills
- Proficient user of MS office
- Competent in PowerPoint (and face-to-face presentation delivery) able to present relevant information
- Good technical writing skills
Essential qualifications / experience
- Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electrical engineering or similar).
- Evidenced substantial experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
- Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional way, both in person, over the phone and by email
- Experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in requirements management
- Team leadership or a strong aptitude for managing and developing people
- Relevant experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar), marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment, maritime machinery and plant systems and control
- Knowledge of Control Systems and experienced and/or knowledgeable with PLC, SCADA and related Operational Technology systems
- Familiar with military environmental standards (e.g. DEF STAN 00-35, 59-411)
- Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems (SIL 2 / 3) and IEC 61508 Safety Systems
- Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
- INCOSE Associate/Certified Systems Engineering Professional certification
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search