We are working with a world leading manufacturer of underwater technology used for tracking, surveys, imaging and navigation.
You will be required to aid in the design and development of transducers and create and process acoustic signals. Work carried out will impact current and new/conceptual designs as well as research into new technologies.
Energy - Renewables and offshore oil and gas
Science - Environmental survey, oceanography including research institutes and universities
Autonomy - Navigation, positioning and communication with ASVs, AUVs and ROVs
Maritime Security and Defence - national defence forces, security integrators to high net worth individuals.
- To design and develop underwater acoustic transducers to given specifications. To include acoustic analysis/simulation, materials selection, design of experiments, transducer testing and produce analytical and support documentation for all designs.
- Creation and validation of acoustic models to given specification, using current and new materials. To also perform parametric studies to ensure the design has been optimised.
- Investigation into waveform structure and coding to ensure efficient transfer of data.
- Liaise with electrical circuit designers to create a full electrical system.
- Perform acoustic testing to validate against the model as well as perform material characterisation testing for implementing into simulation modelling.
- To undertake research and development of transducer designs and signal processing techniques to enhance the performance of current and concept designs. Promote new enabling technologies, innovative design concepts and methods for developing transducers.
- To aid in the creation of practical, yet innovative, detailed design specifications encompassing transducer and signal processing algorithms for new and current acoustic systems, using higher level design specifications generated as a result of market demand, specific customer demand or engineering initiatives.
- Discussion with a range of departments to productionise completed designs.
- Involvement with other companies in the Covelya group to help develop and learn from their work.
- Assist with administrative support within the group as required, this could include development and test writeups, research summaries or conceptual designs.
- To provide frequent updates to the Transducer Engineering team leader of progress of projects and potential delays.
Essential experience required
- Modelling experience, preferably in Acoustic
- Modelling (knowledge of Onscale would be ideal)
- Waveform architecture
- Advanced computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Physics or Mathematics Degree or equivalent
- Acoustic testing
- Transducer Design
- Coding in Python or C++
- Acoustics Degree or equivalent
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search